Sunday, March 6, 2011

Funnel Cake

funnel cake with a mountain of powder sugar

I made funnel cake at 1 in the morning... It sounded like a good idea at the time, but as soon as I finished making it, I began to regret it. It turned out better than I expected, except for the fact that I had trouble keeping it in a a nice circle, but I realized that eating an oil drenched cake piled with sugar can't be good for me, considering the fact that it was to be consumed in the middle of the night.

I have left over batter, and I'm thinking of recreating a thinner funnel cake, topped with some fruits to give it color and make its appearance less bland. Hopefully this time, I don't break off parts of the cake in an attempt to flip it.

2 comments:

  1. Here I am! Thanx for stopping by! Lovely blog!
    You have a new follwer!
    xoxo
    Elisabetta

    http://breadbutterandfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks exactly like the funnel cakes at disney world! lol so don't beat yourself too hard on it!

    ReplyDelete