Thursday, December 2, 2010

broccoli

One of my favorite food in the world besides sushi, is anything that is broccoli related. It is probably the only healthy thing that I enjoy eating, but I somehow manage to create two very unhealthy dishes out of it.

Broccoli tempura

1 cup ice water
1 egg yolk
3/4 cup flour
1/4 cup corn starch
a little bit of salt

There were so many different ways to make tempura batter, and I don't know which one is authentic, so I went ahead and kind of combined the most common recipes together. If I had sake, I would have added that too.

The recipe I came up with (though I don't take any credit for it, cause none of it was my own addition) yielded very light and crispy broccoli. I was satisfied with it. Once I go grocery shopping I will try with other vegetables too.

Baked Mac & Cheese



Mac & cheese, broccoli, shredded pork, fried onion pieces, chili flakes (I'd carry chili flakes around if I had to), bread crumbs

on my plate :D

I feel as if I have a growing obsession with sprinkling bread crumbs on everything and throwing it in the oven. It is like the simplest food can be transformed into something gourmet.

My baked mac & cheese was such a camwhore.

No comments:

Post a Comment